Handy Home Cleaning Service Continues To Grow

The demand for online mobile services has risen tremendously in the last few years. Compalike Uber and Angie’s List are capitalizing on a new market niche. Handy Home Cleaning Services on recode.net, a home cleaning and repair service booking site has carved out a large share of this market as well.

On June 16th, Handy celebrated its three year anniversary. Company founders Oisin Hanrahan and Umang Dua are happy with the growth and popularity of their business. Presently, Handy generates at least 1 million dollars in bookings every week. This is a huge increase since their inception. They have come a long way. Now, Handy is in 25 cities in the United States, two cities in Canada, and has now started offering their services in London.

Dua attributes the rising business to the increased comfortability consumers now have to booking services online. It is quickly becoming the norm. Handy conducts thorough background checks on all their service professionals. These are done on both the national and county levels. Customer feedback adds an extra layer of contractor reputation. Safeguards like these make sure that the hired professionals are trustworthy and reliable. This rigid verification process was implemented by Handy for the benefit of anyone who uses the site. It has worked out extremely well and has helped to bring an even more customers looking for services from quality workers. Many professionals choose to work through Handy because of the freedom the site offers. They can pick the jobs they want to do. They are their own bosses. According to Hanrahan, the median hourly rate is between 15 and 20 dollars an hour, much more than what the average cleaning company pays its employees. Multiple jobs can be lined up in close proximity to each other, enhancing time management and minimizing travel time. Benefits like these are a primary reason Handy will continue to become even more popular over time.

Customer convenience is a top priority at Handy. A new mobile app has recently been released. Hanrahan hopes that this will open up Handy to offering even more services in the near future. Currently, 85 percent of Handy’s revenue comes from various cleaning services. Plumbing and handyman services combine for the remaining 15 percent. Thanks to a new marketing campaign and higher quality service, 80 percent of Handy’s bookings are from repeat customers. They are creating a new brand. Spending all of last year to focus on improving their service rather than expansion, is a huge reason for the repeat customers.

Handy has processed over 200,000 applicants for cleaning and handyman services, and over 5,000 professionals who work consistently every month. For three years, they have brought customers and workers together. By giving both sides great service and quality support, Handy is guaranteed to continue to bring in more revenue every year.

One Comment

  1. Zahra Elian

    Handy is on my desktop there because I know what it means to have less time to focus on other things than cleaning. That is why I also use https://www.assignmentmasters.co.uk/ for the purpose of making my service in my company better. I would also take the strategy that Handy uses as it is very reliable and working.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.