Peter Briger is the principal and Co-chairman of the Board of Directors of Fortress Investment Group LLC, an investment firm based in New York City. Since the year 2002,he has served as a management committee member at Fortress.
He has served the position of Co-Chairman as well as the head of Fortress group since August the year 2009. Peter Briger is responsible for the credit and real estate business in Fortress. Other than this responsibility at Fortress he holds a seat on the Board of Directors of the Princeton University Investment Company.
While in Goldman Peter Briger played several roles such as being the Co-head of groups like the Asian Real Estate Private Equity business and Whole Loan Sales and Trading Business.
Other groups that he led beside the mentioned ones are Co-group leader of The Asian Distressed Debt business and The Fixed Income Principal Investments Group. He graduated from the Princeton University with Bachelor of Arts degree. Peter Briger also holds University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business MBA degree where he is also an alumnus.
People working at Fortress say lots of positive things about the company such as:
- It offers a calm and comfortable environment to work in
- The presence of intelligent people to work with and learn from them
Besides working at Fortress Peter Briger engages in other philanthropic cause such as:
- There are monetary rewards for extra-long hours a person worked
- Global Fund for Children which is an initiative that focuses on benefiting the neediest children in the world.
- Tipping point – which is aimed at helping the economically disadvantaged people of New York City.
- The Hospital for Special Surgery – it’s a hospital that specializes in orthopedic surgery and offers generous programs to assist the less fortunate who need their services.
- Caliber Schools – professionals manage a network of charter schools dedicated to helping students succeed in college and beyond.
He is supporting the Princeton entrepreneurship together with other two associates who are alumni of Princeton University. Fortress Executives to Cash In $1.39 Billion From SoftBank Sale
He started a program to offer funds to startup companies for other Princeton Alumni. The fund would help these alumni to put their dreams into reality. The funds are limited to $ 100000 per person. Peter Brier is highly motivated to help the entrepreneurs achieve their dreams and goals. A Force of Innovation: Two Decades of Fortress Investment Group